Eggs Benedict with Laxson Barbacoa
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes, Total Time: 50 minutes
For the Chilaquiles Base:
- 1 (14.5-oz) can fire roasted diced tomato with green chili
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican four cheese blend
For the Green Chili Hollandaise:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter, warm
- 1 cup green chili sauce
For the Eggs Benedict:
- 4 eggs, poached
- 2 cups Laxson beef barbacoa, warm
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chili in a food processor and pulse chop.
- Spray a 8X10″ baking sheet with cooking oil and line it with 4 corn tortillas.
- Spread 1/3 of the tomatoes and chili mixture on the tortillas and add 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat the process until all the chilaquiles base ingredients are used.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Start making the Hollandaise sauce by combining the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Whisk over double boiler until doubled in volume.
- Remove from heat and slowly drizzle the warm melted butter in as you whisk until all butter has been incorporated in the sauce.
- Keep the sauce in a warm place at approximately 150°F. Add the warm green chili sauce and stir.
- Poach 4 eggs.
- Cut the chilaquiles base into 4 circles with a biscuit cutter. Prepare two serving plates and place two pieces of the base on each plate.
- Top each base with 1/2 cup Laxson barbacoa, followed by a poached egg. Drizzle with green chili hollandaise.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and chopped fresh parsley. Serve with pico de gallo.